Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fined for Smoking in Private Vehicle

(Llanafan, Wales) The Brits are going too far with anti-smoking law enforcement.
FUMING Gordon Williams lit up a fag at the wheel of his van -- and was fined for breaking anti-smoking laws.

The self-employed painter and decorator was told by council officials he had broken the law by smoking in his work vehicle.

Dumbfounded Gordon, 58, who had finished work for the day and was popping to the shops for teabags, was fined £30.

He said he was pulled over by officials making random checks.

He said: "I was told that because my van is my place of work I had broken the smoking laws.

The van is only insured for private use and to get me to and from work. It’s not my place of work -- I decorate houses not vans."
I'm guessing that Mr. Williams would not have been cited if he had said he was smoking medical marijuana.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker