Sunday, August 31, 2003

REBUTTAL

I recently offered my opinion on the fact that the University of Michigan has included in their curricula a course that celebrates homosexuality. My take is that the course offering is inappropriate because it is taxpayer supported and promotes a lifestyle that evidence indicates is dismally shortened.

My post elicited the following comment from Alan Sullivan:
I linked here from John Ray's blog. I've commented on his observations and yours in the following post on my own site.
http://bilge.seablogger.com/archives/000236.php
To summarize in brief: you don't know what you're talking about.
As clarification, John Ray's blog is Dissecting Leftism. And, as an aside, John Ray is a no nonsense source of information and visitors to his site are given candy.

I visited Alan's site and learned that he was able to discern that, in addition to the fact that I didn't know what I was talking about, he also didn't know what I was talking about. So, if I understand him, neither one of us know what I'm talking about and there's no point of contention. I've always been a fan of happy endings.

Unfortunately, I happen to think I know what I'm talking about. And, also unfortunately, Alan did not address the points I was making. Specifically, evidence indicates that homosexuals live shorter lives and celebrating the homosexual lifestyle should not be done at taxpayer expense.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker