Saturday, July 24, 2004

PETA and 'Chicken Torture'

Federal compliance officers are investigating allegations of chicken torture at a chicken processing plant in West Virginia after PETA videotaped episodes of stomping, kicking and slamming chickens against walls.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether a chicken was stomped, kicked, or slammed against a wall before it showed up in my sandwich. I've eaten thousands of chickens and, for the life of me, I couldn't tell you which ones were sad, morose, frightened, in love, forlorn, or mad by the taste. Frankly, as long as it doesn't affect the taste or nutritional value, the chicken processors could subject them all to Chinese water torture such that they committed suicide and I wouldn't care.

Interestingly, I was on a plane conversing with a PETA enthusiast a few years back about the treatment of pigs on a pig farm. She explained to me the horror of how they were treated and said PETA was on a campaign to make the pigs lives better. In an offhand manner, I happened to mention that it would be nice if aborted fetuses were accorded the same consideration. She informed me that the treatment of animals was an ethical issue and abortion is not. It's important to be concerned about the 'happiness' of farm animals but abortion is a private matter between a woman and her doctor.

PETA is a cult of radical vegetarians and animal rights activists. Their goal is to forcibly increase the cost and limit availability of animal products so as to normalize their radicalism within society. So, anytime you see a PETA stunt, know that their goal is to limit the choices people have in society.

If you end up in a cafeteria line hoping for pizza or chicken fingers and all that's available is leaves, grasses and sprouts, thank PETA.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker