Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Kerry and Waxman

In this story from the Jerusalem Post, it's reported that John Kerry has selected Democratic former Congressman Mel Levine from West Los Angeles to be his top Mideast advisor. I presently have no comment concerning this appointment other than the fact that I really have a hard time understanding why any Jew would ever vote for or become a Democrat.

It's been reported that the Palestinians are secretly supporting Kerry. In unofficial meetings with Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei and other Palestinian leaders, the potential new administration's Middle East plans were discussed along with the possible appointment of Sandy "Hot Pockets" Berger as Secretary of State. Since the Palestinians are generally known to raise their children to hate all Jews and the Palestinians support John Kerry, it's unfathomable to me how the Jews can also support Kerry. It's not in their best interest.

What I also found interesting about the article is a quote by Democrat Congressman Henry Waxman in which he praises John Kerry for his ability to "translate his views into public policy." Well, excuse me for not paying enough attention. I thought I kept pretty current on the political landscape, but somewhere I missed the expression of anything definite from John Kerry. In fact, every time I've felt comfortable about where he stands on an issue, he reverses himself. It seems to me that the only thing a person can be sure of is that John Kerry is solidly founded in liberalism. With regard to Kerry's "views" on individual issues, hell, I honestly don't know. Nevertheless, whatever they are, Henry Waxman seems to know and also knows they're well translated into public policy. Maybe it's a secret.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker