Saturday, November 20, 2004

Polish Hostage, Teresa Borcz Khalifa, Freed By Captors

Reuters:
A Polish woman freed after being taken hostage in October in Iraq said on Saturday her captors had treated her well.

"This was a very happy moment when I was freed... I think I will stay in Poland for the time being. I was treated well and that gave me hope that I'd be freed," Teresa Borcz Khalifa told a news conference.
Prime Minister Marek Belka said that the release of Borcz, 54, had been orchestrated by Polish government agencies in cooperation with institutions from many countries.

It would be my guess that a ransom was paid.

[Update] There's some discussion regarding the possibility that Borcz may be exhibiting signs of Stockholm Syndrome. Additional information at:

The Jawa Report,
Diggers Realm,
Sortapundit,
Outside The Beltway,
In The Bullpen.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker