Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Internet Love Affair

(Houston, Texas) Get out your hankies, readers. Here's the story of the lonely schoolteacher named Dee Dee who looked for and found love on the Internet. His name was Thomas Green, a Texan doing contract work in Nigeria.
Finally, the day arrived when Thomas was coming home.

"[I] was waiting in the airport for two hours in a red spaghetti-strapped dress, all dolled up," Dee Dee said.

Except her boyfriend never showed up.

"I come back here, I'm devastated, and he's waiting for me online," she said.

He told her he was mugged while on his way to the airport and needed money. Without any hesitation, she complied.

"He wooed me, I'm walking on the clouds, so I sent him money," she said.

She sent $900 via Western Union, then another $900, then $1,400 and so on and so on.
Sad, isn't it? On a positive note, though, Dee Dee is lobbying for Match.com and Yahoo Personals to put a disclaimer on the bottom of their website pages saying something like (I'm guessing here), "Don't be dumb! It's the Internet, Stupid!"

In the meantime, Dee Dee continues to keystroke for Mr. Right.

Tip: Don Morgenstern

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker