The jury spent about 40 minutes deliberating on the trafficking conviction. Authorities said the crime happened on July 23, 2010.Sentencing is scheduled for August 30 when Wright faces a mandatory three years in prison.
Wright testified and tearfully told jurors that in her mind, her only role was introducing the informant to a friend who had drugs. And that, she said, was because the informant repeatedly called her.
"I just wanted him to stop calling," she said. "I never knew I was going to get involved in a drug transaction."
Florida Teacher Accused of Trafficking Drugs
[Previous 7/26/10 post]
(Vero Beach, Florida) A 36-year-old language arts teacher at Oslo Middle School, Raquel Wright, was arrested Friday for allegedly trafficking in prescription drugs.
About 6:30 p.m. Friday, Wright sold 70 oxycodone pills to an undercover police officer for $1,000, the arrest report states.Wright was booked into custody and released on $150,000 bail.
No comments:
Post a Comment