Friday, December 12, 2003

Blog Review - Slimy Molluscs (and below)

Similar to my review of the nominees for the TTLB Best Ecosystem Flippery Fish category, this review addresses the Best Ecosystem Slimy Molluscs (and below) category. When I first started looking at the nominees, I found myself jotting down notes to remind myself which was which. It soon dawned on me that a good idea would be to create a blog entry of my notes. The benefits would be a ready reference to remind myself of their content and to provide an easy link to each site. The individual sites would see another link so I didn't think there would be any complaints.

Well, I was wrong. But, I guess it comes with the territory. My intention is to QUICKLY review the sites and put down some impressions. I'm not doing an in-depth critical evaluation. I don't have the luxury of infinite time.

What I look for primarily is readability, basically, how effectively does the site spit information into my brain. The faster, the better. Secondly, I try to generally pigeonhole the site's subject matter (i.e. political, cultural, technological, conversational, whatever) while pretty much ignoring the bells and whistles. Then I move to the next.

Here are the Slimy Molluscs (and below):
AllGuinness - conversational, esoteric, CA blog,

Alphabet City - conservative political commentary, MidEast focus,

Apropos of Something - cultural, conversational, commentary from GA,

Banana Republican - conservative female student, conversational,

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - conversational, esoteric self-described "fun blog,"

Johnalism.com - Alliance member, commentary from Marshall Univ.,

jozjozjoz.com - conversational, esoteric, whimsy, CA female,

Just As I Thought - Leftist political commentary,

Lonewacko - Travel-America blog, conservative commentary,

Love in War - conservative political commentary, strong military focus,

Mel's Sanctuary - conversational, esoteric, cutesy,

RRBS Discussion Group - group bulletin board on cultural/political events,

G. Fishbone Homepage - web designer/lawyer, conversational, esoteric,

The Ministry of Minor Perfidy - group blog, conversation/commentary, political/cultural mix,

Walking Stick - conversational, esoteric.
Good luck to all in the 2003 Weblog Awards.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker