Monday, December 15, 2003

Democrat Candidates React to Saddam's Capture

Here's the reactions of the Democratic Presidential candidates to the capture of Saddam Hussein.
Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts

Kerry said the President's Iraq policy is "arrogant, inept and reckless," and that he would have caught Saddam sooner.
Interpretation: I'm a cry-baby and I'm jealous.
Former Governor Howard Dean, Vermont

Dean said yesterday was "a great day." Also, "We must do everything possible to bring the U.N., NATO and other members of the international community back into this effort."
Interpretation: George Bush needs to follow my advice and make every conceivable mistake so I can be elected.
Sen. John Edwards, North Carolina

Sen. Edwards voted for the war but against funding it and stated, "I hope President Bush will use this opportunity to chart a course in Iraq that will bring our allies in a meaningful way to achieve a democratic and peaceful Iraq."
Interpretation: I'm confused but I think France and Germany should be in charge.
Sen. Joe Lieberman, Connecticut

Said "praise the Lord."
Interpretation: Praise the Lord!
Rep. Richard A. Gephardt, Missouri

"I supported this effort in Iraq without regard for the political consequences because it was the right thing to do," Mr. Gephardt said during Fox News' all-day coverage of the war. "I still feel that way now and today is a major step toward stabilizing Iraq and building a new democracy."
Interpretation: It's great!

No comment is readily available from Congressman Kucinich, Rev. Sharpton, or former Sen. Moseley-Braun since the major media are no longer providing continuous coverage of their campaigns.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker