Wednesday, December 10, 2003

A Woman's Mood

Today was not good for me and the Mrs. It's something that happens periodically to her mood. I don't know if it's the tide, the moon, the female cycle or what. But it's noticeable, occurs over a period of a few days and, then, BLAM!

Big blowup. I do everything I can to ward it off. When I see it coming I tell her but she doesn't see it. Then, it finally arrives. There's a big blowup. Screaming for a while. Then it's over. Phew!

My analysis is that there is some sort of female composure relief valve that goes off. It's hard for me to explain. Fortunately, while I was doing some obligatory surfing, I discovered that Kelley at Suburban Blight has already provided the perfect description of what I have to expect periodically.
". . . a terrible mood today. A floor-stalking, ass-biting case of the Evils has descended on me, and no man is safe from my laser-guided beam of Bad Juju. I'm serious. I'm in a fight-picking kind of mood . . ."
And there's no known cure. It just happens like clockwork and the guys have to live with it. If I'm missing something, leave a comment. It's something I'd love to avoid.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker