Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Transsexuals To Compete In Olympics

(Lausanne, Switzerland) The International Olympic Committee has ruled that athletes who have undergone sex-change surgery will be eligible to participate in the games.

This decision will undoubtedly be controversial. In fact, one of the pioneers in the realm of sex changes, Renee Richards, has stated:
"Basically, I think they're making a wrong judgment here, although I would have loved to have that judgment made in my case in 1976," she said.

[ ... ]

"In some sports, the physical superiority of men over women is very significant."
I tend to agree with Richards. I also want to retract my previous statements concerning the appearance of Eastern European female shot putters. My contention was that they couldn't get any uglier. With the IOC decision, they apparently can.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker