Friday, August 27, 2004

Kerry Wants Debates

John Kerry challenged President Bush to weekly debates yesterday and the Bush-Cheney campaign responded:
"There will be a time for debates after the convention, and during the next few weeks, John Kerry should take the time to finish the debates with himself."

"This election presents a clear choice to the American people between a president who is moving America forward and a senator who has taken every side of almost every issue."
By making the Vietnam War the centerpiece of his campaign and it turning out less than desired, it now appears that Kerry wants to change the focus of the election dialogue. Bully for the President for rebuffing the challenge.

However, the wording of the Bush response could have been more descriptive and detailed. In the true spirit of American volunteerism, DaGoddess provides this alternative:
"Looky here, Senator. Now you might have all the time in the world to sit around and say things a million different ways in order to appeal to a million different people. And you might actually believe 1/10 of what you say. But the thing is, I'm the President of this here United States of America. I have a country to run. I can't be taking time off to sit around and palaver just because some pissant pussy with pretty hair deems it necessary to try out a new theory. I know what I believe in. I know where I stand. I don't need to reformulate my campaign at the top of each hour. You run off and play with your friends and I'll be here when you're clear about what you think and what you believe in. We'll have one debate. And you'll be prepared, concise, and leave the maple syrup at home. Until then, no debates."
Fine political prose.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker