Friday, April 07, 2006

Couric and Vieira

Since I don't watch broadcast news programming, I don't give a whit about Katie Couric moving to an evening news anchor slot. I am also unphased by the selection of Meredith Vieira as Couric's replacement on the Today show. I don't watch it either.

That said, I think NBC has given up on any illusion or pretense that it is an objective member of the mainstream media. Vieira is a proud anti-war leftist who believes that President Bush is a liar. I suspect she won't be able to fake objectivity when she reports and comments on daily events.

Interestingly, Newsbusters mentions that Vieira's husband, Richard, was "the senior political producer at CBS News for most of the 1980s." Unless I'm missing something, this would mean that he worked closely with, or possibly directly for, Dan Rather.

My, my, what a sticky stew the mainstream media is?

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker