Thursday, May 25, 2006

If You Sit, You Parent

I'd have to conclude that someone speaks stork language.

From Ananova.com:
Four gay storks have proved they are as capable of raising a family as their heterosexual counterparts.

Staff at the zoo in Overloon, near Eindhoven, were unsure if the gay and lesbian storks would still have the same natural urge to raise offspring.

But after giving one egg to a pair of gay males to sit on, and another two eggs to a pair of lesbian storks, they say the gay storks took to parenthood straight away.
Somebody tell me. What's the difference between homosexual and heterosexual storks? My neighbor had a dog that liked to hump people's legs, sometimes mine. I doubt that dog could be called homosexual and he had a bigger brain than any stork, therefore, much more capable of making an alternative sexual lifestyle choice. So, gay and lesbian storks sounds like somebody is making stuff up.

But I could be mistaken and somewhere there's scientific data associated with studies on gay and lesbian storks. Ludicrous? Yes. Even so, I'd question it. I don't question, however, that the zoo seems to be appropriately named. If your entertainment isn't loony enough, visit Overloon.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker