Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Russian Asks Putin For OK to Marry Cow

When the institution of marriage is redefined, anything is possible.

From MOSNews.com:
A young Russian farmer from the small village in the Kemerovo region (South Siberia) has asked President Vladimir Putin to allow him to marry a cow, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reported Monday.

"All girls have left our small village and moved to the city, so I cannot find a woman to be with. But I see the solution to the problem. I love animals very much and want to ask you when it will be allowed in Russia, as it is in Holland, to marry domestic animals?"
I didn't know that a person could marry a cow in Holland. It's hardly surprising, though. A lot of weirdness comes from Holland.

My take on the whole issue is that nobody should be allowed to marry anything that could end up on a dinner plate.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker