Friday, March 14, 2008

Gitmo Detainee Claims Torture

(Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, Cuba) At a hearing before tribunal judge Col. Ralph Kohlmann, USMC, terrorist suspect Mohammed Jawad protested the proceedings as unfair and illegal while loudly claiming he has been tortured.
"I am innocent, I want justice and fairness," said Jawad, who spoke through a Pashto translator and asked the judge whether journalists could hear his statements. "Since I was arrested I've been treated unfairly. I have been tortured. I am a human being."

The only specifics he offered were that he's had a "bleeding lip" for more than a year and he said he suffers from constant headaches from the bright lights in his prison cell.
Well, boo-freakin'-hoo!

Jawad is accused of tossing a grenade into a vehicle and wounding two U.S. soldiers. He is charged with attempted murder and faces life in prison, if convicted.

Companion post at The Jawa Report.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker