Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dungeon Master Josef Fritzl - Updated



(Warsaw, Poland) A pub has been named after infamous Austrian pedophile Josef Ftitzl, resulting in public outrage.
A host of outraged comments have been put on the club’s Facebook page, while other social media outlets have been set alight with heated discussions on the issue.

The pub on Nowy Świat is to be called Piwnica u Fritzla, which translates as Fritzl’s Cellar.[…]

Bar owner Robert Surowiecki responded to protests from local businesses and the public after a meeting with the city council over the issue, saying:
"I wanted to rapidly promote my new business and now my marketing goal has been achieved."
The notorious Jozef Fritzl, who imprisoned his daughter for over 24 years, raping her over 3,000 times and fathering her seven children, was sentenced in 2009.

He is currently serving life in jail for the death of the seventh child and multiple cases of rape. His daughter Elisabeth and her six children were freed from their family home cell in in Amstetten in 2008. Fritzl only reversed his not guilty pleas when his daughter Elisabeth appeared in court.

It seems that the sudden arrival of a wave of disapproval towards the business owner’s branding exercise may be having an effect: due to the media attention, they have deleted the eyes and nose of their ‘patron’ from their logo to make him less recogisable, although the name remains.
Anything to make a buck, eh?

* * * * *

Dungeon Master Josef Fritzl Explains Himself
[Previous 5/8/08 post]
Free Image hosting by ImageSnapFollowing up on a previous report, incest dungeon master Josef Fritzl, 73, has broken his silence in discussions with his lawyer. Unbelievably, Fritzl rationalizes every aspect of his crimes and lays blame on a lifelong incestuous lust for his mother.
“I knew that Elisabeth did not want the things I did to her. I knew that I was hurting her," Mr Fritzl said in notes given by his lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, to an Austrian magazine.

“But the urge to finally be able to taste the forbidden fruit was too strong. It was like an addiction.” [ ... ]

“In reality I wanted to have children with her. I was looking forward to the offspring. It was a beautiful idea for me -- to have a proper family, also down in the cellar, with a good wife and a couple of children.

“I always wanted to have many children. Not children that would have to, like I had, grow up alone but children that would always have someone to play with. I had a dream about a large family ever since I was a little boy.”
So, there you go. He was motivated by strong family values. Fritzl desired many children who wouldn't grow up alone like he did. But that's not all. Fritzl also claims he imprisoned his daughter to rescue her from bad people.
“Ever since she entered puberty she did not adhere to rules anymore. She would spend whole nights in dingy bars, drinking alcohol and smoking. I only tried to pull her out of that misery," he said.

“I got her a job as a waitress but she would not go to work for days. She even escaped twice and hung out with bad people during this time and they were not good company for her. I would bring her back home each time but she would try to escape again.

“That is why I had to do something. I had to create a place where I could keep Elisabeth, by force if necessary, away from the outside world.”
As time went by with Elisabeth locked up, his urge to have sex with her became stronger and stronger.
"It was a vicious circle, a circle from which there was no exit -- not only for Elisabeth but also for myself."
Well, that should clear things up for everyone. Fritzl believes that he was caught in a vicious circle from which there was no escape but to imprison his daughter for 24 years and impregnate her at least seven times.

I heard that the maximum penalty Fritzl faces under Austrian law is 15 years in prison. It's not enough punishment.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker