Thursday, October 09, 2008

Live You Long Time - No Sex

(Cornwall, England) On Saturday, Miss Clara Meadmore will celebrate her 105th birthday. Her remarkable longevity Miss Meadmore attributes to the fact that she has never had sex.

Yes, Miss Meadmore is a virgin, Britain's oldest and probably the world's oldest virgin.
Miss Meadmore, who remembers the Titanic sinking and the outbreak of the First World War, said she knew she would remain single from the age of 12, and abstained as a young woman in order to concentrate on earning a living.

The retired secretary said that during her youth in the 1920s and 1930s sex entailed marriage - and she just did not buy into it.

Miss Meadmore, of Truro, Cornwall, said she was proud of the fact she remained celibate.

She said: 'People have asked whether I am a homosexual and the answer is no. I have just never been interested in or fancied having sex.

'I imagine there is a lot of hassle involved and I have always been busy doing other things.'

She added: 'I've never had a boyfriend - I've never been bothered about relationships. When I was a girl you only had sex with your husband and I never married.'
Congratulations, Miss Meadmore, and Happy Birthday! It's nice to see a traditional woman in the news.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker