Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PETA Name Changer

Reported a couple weeks ago, a 19-year-old animal rights idealist has changed her name to Cutout Dissection.com to protest animal dissections in schools.
Jennifer Thornburg, whose driver's license now reads Dissection.com, now wants to be called Cutout for short.

Her new legal name is the URL for an anti-dissection website created by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

"I normally do have to repeat my name several times when I am introducing myself to someone new," Cutout told her local paper, the Asheville Citizen Times.

"Once they find out what my name is, they want to know more about what the Web site is about."

She said family members still call her Jennifer.
Cutout is an intern for PETA.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker