Wednesday, May 20, 2009

School Nurse Accused of Buying Teen Party Liquor

(Dansville, New York) A school nurse at Dansville Elementary School, Karen McCarty, has been accused of buying alcohol for a teen party where some of the youths were 13 years old.
She is charged with nine counts of unlawfully dealing with a child. Her daughter, Morgan who is 16, is facing the same charges.

The court papers say McCarty bought at least three bottles of vodka and a 12-pack. Based on what she said, it appears that McCarty's rationale for buying the booze is that her daughter is almost 17.

She told police, "I bought a 12-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade, a bottle of vodka, some ice and packed the cooler with it. I know better than to do something like this but I felt I knew where she was and that everything would be alright."

Her daughter Morgan McCarty told police, "I asked mom if she would buy me alcohol. Mom said yes. I gave mom the money I had collected - $55 - for the alcohol."
The party happened in the town of Sparta, north of Dansville. It's reported that Karen McCarty regrets her actions.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker