Sunday, June 14, 2009

Non-Payment of Garbage Bill



(Nanyang, China) Big trouble awaits those who don't pay the garbage collectors. Debt-collection tactics are employed which are apparently consistent with the city's environmental department policies. According to one business-owner,
"I operate a small shop in Zhongzhou Road, Nanyang City. On the morning of May 23, three women who claimed to be from the 'office' and a dozen 20-year-old men came to collect garbage removal fees. I questioned why the fees were so high. I asked them to show proof of identity but they refused.

They left and a garbage truck came around to dump garbage in front of my shop. At around 9pm, I was ready to close shop. Two young men came and smashed my glass door with bricks. They said 'this should lead you for not paying your fees' and they jumped on the waiting motorcycles and sped away."
Maybe the city trumpeted to have the toughest garbage laws in the U.S. will implement a similar policy. By the way, I saw a television show where the garbage dumping practice was used by New Jersey mobsters. Of course, it was all fiction.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker