Friday, February 12, 2010

Selling the Minnesota Metrodome

Minnesota State Representative Paul Kohls has proposed selling the government-owned Metrodome to the Minnesota Vikings Football Club for $1. Apparently there is some apprehension about the possibility that the Vikings will move to another city and selling them the Metrodome will somehow make the team's ownership want to stay.

Typically, when professional sports teams threaten to move, they are trolling for a private or public financial windfall. Whether that's the case in Minnesota, I don't know but I am aware of the current state of the economy and virtually every municipality is suffering revenue pains to some degree. Right off, there doesn't seem to be a list of candidates anxious to throw millions of dollars at the Vikings. Therefore, I believe the fear of the team moving is unfounded, for the time being anyway.

In any event, I'd like to put in a bid. Two bucks. Email me.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker