Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Joe Arpaio Flirting



(Phoenix, Arizona) For the fourth and last time, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is flirting with the idea of running for governor of Arizona.
Since 1998, Arpaio has only considered a run, but he's never officially thrown in his hat. This time, Arpaio says, it's different because he's 77 years old.

"I'm not going to wait until I'm 85 or 80 if I wanted to run for governor," he says. "I would run for governor for two reasons, because the people want me, and I know I can do the job, that's not being egotistical."

The sheriff says he's raised plenty of money to campaign for governor -- possibly millions.
Meanwhile, Eric Holder's Justice Department continues to investigate Sheriff Arpaio for crime suppression sweeps. It's not clear why the Justice Department appears to be against crime suppression.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker