Monday, January 16, 2012

Blogger Turns Prostitute for a Day



Liumang Yan

(Shanghai, China) An activist female blogger, Liumang Yan, has made news by becoming a prostitute for a day to understand the plight of rural sex workers. However, there's a twist. Yan provided sex for free to poor men, men she calls 'the grassroots.'
My first sexual service was given to an 18-year-old boy from a rural village. He was hovering outside the brothel before he asked me how much it cost. I asked him how much he could pay, and he asked if RMB 10 [US$1.58] was enough. I asked him how old he was, he answered 18. I asked him why he came, whether he was a virgin. He didn't seem to understand my question and wanted to leave.

I said: come in, I'll do it for free. I helped him put on a condom and reminded him to bring his own every time he needs this kind of sexual service in the future.

I provided free sexual services to 4 people. One of them was in his fifties. It was raining and he was wearing rain clothes and boots, had wrinkles all over his face. I said I provided free service. He asked why, looking at my shining white skin, not understanding what the deal was. I told him I had been sent by Beijing.

This society is so full of inequalities. Family background, opportunities, rights, development…even sex is unequal.

All the grassroots want is sex. He can afford RMB 10, it won't negatively effect his life or society. Men like him don't have enough money to get a wife, but at least they can fulfill their sexual needs through sex workers.
More at the link.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker