Monday, January 07, 2013

 NOAA feeds the public false statistics

NOAA (the Federal government climate agency) has one set of figures for normal scientific use and another set of figures that it uses in its press releases to the public.  The press releases show continuing warming, while the scientific figures do not. Once again:  There's no such thing as an honest Warmist. Excerpt from Watts:

Does NOAA's National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) keep two separate sets of climate books for the USA?

Glaring inconsistencies found between State of the Climate (SOTC) reports sent to the press and public and the "official" climate database record for the United States.

First, I should point out that I didn't go looking for this problem, it was a serendipitous discovery that came from me looking up the month-to-month average temperature for the Continental United States (CONUS) for another project which you'll see a report on in a  couple of days. What started as an oddity noted for a single month now seems clearly to be systemic over a two-year period. On the eve of what will likely be a pronouncement from NCDC on 2012 being the "hottest year ever", and since what I found is systemic and very influential to the press and to the public, I thought I should make my findings widely known now. Everything I've found should be replicable independently using the links and examples I provide. I'm writing the article as a timeline of discovery.

At issue is the difference between temperature data claims in the NCDC State of the Climate reports issued monthly and at year-end and the official NCDC climate database made available to the public.

More HERE  (See the original for links, graphics etc.)


Posted by John J. Ray (M.A.; Ph.D.).

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker