Friday, August 30, 2013


CERN Large Hadron Collider Comedy

[Update @ 6:30PM EDT] The program was a pleasure to watch and funny. There were about a dozen entertainers and lots of esoteric geek-speak. On the negative side, from my perch in Ohio the audio could have been better. I'm certain I missed some of the jokes and dialogue.

Nevertheless, the entire production, though expectedly amateurish, was engaging. I hope it gets uploaded to YouTube so I can see it again.



(Geneva, Switzerland)
Scientists are set to lift the lid on their life and work at CERN during an evening of stand-up comedy next Friday, 30 August, between 7.30 – 11pm (CEST).

University of Cambridge PhD student, CERN affiliated scientist and particle physicist, Sam Gregson will be one of six intrepid scientists flexing their comedic muscles in front of audiences at the CERN Globe, Geneva, on 30 August between 7.30 – 11pm (CEST).
I think that 7:30PM CEST is 1:30PM EDT. Readers can view the scientific comedy show at http://webcast.web.cern.ch/webcast/play.php?event=264966.

The show lasts until 11:00PM CEST (5:00PM EDT).

So readers, if you aren't busy later today, access the CERN scientific comedy show for an unusual experience. And ... apologies if my time zone calcs are flawed.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker