Saturday, June 11, 2016



 Could an injection cure psoriasis? New drug 'completely clears' painful condition in 80% of patients



A new drug could offer hope to people across the world living with the painful skin condition, psoriasis. A new study has shown ixekizumab completely or almost completely cleared the disease in 80 per cent of patients with moderate to severe psoriasis.

Psoriasis, which affects around three per cent of the world's population, is an immune-mediated inflammatory disease that causes itchy, dry and red skin. It is also linked to an increased risk for depression, heart disease and diabetes, among other conditions. Ixekizumab works by neutralizing a pathway in the immune system known to promote psoriasis.

Dr Gordon said: 'Based on these findings, we expect that 80 per cent of patients will have an extremely high response rate to ixekizumab, and about 40 per cent will be completely cleared of psoriasis. 'Ten years ago, we thought complete clearance of this disease was impossible"

Source

1 comment:

Wireless.Phil said...

Had it all over my back and covered my scalp, it is only painful to your emotions.
Cleared it up, cut back on showers and washed my hair less.
Now I have a chlorine filter on my shower, installed it myself.
Haven't had a problem in years.

It started when I got back from Hawaii after living there for 3 years, a change in the water chemicals used at the treatment plant I figure.

As for that woman..
I can't stand the bitch or her whore family.

Home

eXTReMe Tracker