Thursday, March 22, 2007

Woman, 38, Births Two Kids Fathered by Kid

(Louisville, Colorado) A 38-year-old woman, Irene Marie Gomez, was arrested last week on suspicion of child sexual assault after allegations that she gave birth to two children fathered by a boy.

From Denver Post:
Gomez said she first met the teen "on the street" in 2001 and said the boy told her he was 18. She said he always held a full-time job, looked and acted mature and had multiple identification cards listing different ages.

She said she resisted the teen's advances, but he was persistent, writing her love letters and waiting outside her house for her to come home after work.

Gomez said the relationship with the teen began shortly after her mother died.

"I was not in the right frame of mind at all," Gomez said. "I was considering not staying on this earth myself after my mom died. I just feel that he helped me through a really bad situation. There was nobody else there for me."

Police issued an arrest warrant for Gomez in late February. Gomez turned herself in last week, then bonded out.
The "mature" father of Gomez's children, ages 4 and 1, was 13 when their relationship started. He was "there" for her.

Tip: Don Morgenstern


[Update 7/2/08]

Gomez pleads guilty, gets probation.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker