Saturday, March 11, 2006

Mother of Four Guilty of Sex with 12-Year-Old

(Nashua, New Hampshire) Last Thursday, 30-year-old mother of four, Sarah Clark, pleaded guilty to multiple felony counts of engaging in sex with a 12-year-old boy. Clark's guilty pleas to seven counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault of a minor led to a sentence of five to 15 years in prison. She will also be required to undergo counseling.

From Boston.com:
"I did not just hurt one boy, but five," Clark said of the victim and of her family.

She wept as she read a statement to the court. "I'm so sorry to everyone. ... I am hoping that in prison I will get the help and counseling I need so that I come out a better person and a better mother to my wonderful boys."

Clark admitted to having sex with the boy, a friend of one of her sons, in a bedroom and a bathroom of the home, as well as performing other sexual acts with him over the course of about a month.
The sex occurred during April and May of 2005 and was only discovered when a neighbor with a digital scanner overheard a conversation between Clark and the boy. Police were alerted.

I believe Clark will be released before her five year sentence is up. New Englanders lean more toward rehabilitation than punishment of criminals.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker