Saturday, October 14, 2006

Teacher Accused of Sex with 11-Year-Old Boy

(Smithfield, North Carolina) A 30-year-old former fifth-grade teacher at Polenta Elementary School, Rebecca Withrow, was arrested yesterday for engaging in sex with an 11-year-old boy. The sex allegedly occurred in the classroom between February and June 2003.

School officials only recently were made aware of the allegations and alerted police. It's unknown why it took so long to expose the alleged behavior. Withrow was suspended from her teaching position and subsequently resigned.

Withdrow faces charges of rape of a child, indecent liberties with a child and sex with a student. She is in custody at the Johnston County Jail in lieu of $750,000 bond.

Tip: Don Morgenstern


[Update 10/18/06]

Whoa! Momma!

From Winston-Salem Journal:
A schoolteacher accused of raping an 11-year-old student in 2003 also had an affair with the boy's father, officials said.

Rebecca Withrow, a fifth-grade teacher at Polenta Elementary School, is charged with rape, indecent liberties and committing a sex offense against a student.
The plot thickens.


[Update 06/15/07]

Withrow pleads no contest and is sentenced.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Withrow was my 5th grade teacher!! :( We had journals to write every morning and I shared my molestion and rape with her ... she told me she didn't know how someone could hurt a child. How could she do.something like this... this hurts me so much!!!

Unknown said...

Mrs. Withrow was my 5th grade teacher!! :( We had journals to write every morning and I shared my molestion and rape with her ... she told me she didn't know how someone could hurt a child. How could she do.something like this... this hurts me so much!!!

Home

eXTReMe Tracker