Friday, August 17, 2007

Texas Mom Gets 23 Years for Sex Assault

(Williamson County, Texas) The trial of 41-year-old mother-of-two, Phill Raije Rian, for sexual assault of a 16-year-old neighborhood boy concluded this month. Rian allegedly performed oral sex on the teen, who she knew because he mowed her lawn, on three occasions, each of which lasted between 15 and 30 minutes.

During a number of days of testimony, Rian took the stand and denied having any sexual contact with the boy. However, a video disc of Rian's interrogation by Detective John Foster was introduced into evidence and watched by the jury.
FOSTER: ...Did he ask you to perform oral sex on him?

RIAN: I'm afraid. I can't answer that. I'm afraid. I can't trade him for my kids. I don't want to loose my kids...All I can tell you is I did everything to make him happy.

FOSTER: Did that include oral sex?

RIAN: I don't think I can answer you.

FOSTER: You're not leaving here until you tell me the truth...People make mistakes. All things happen to good people. People understand that...He's in love with you. You're in love with him.

RIAN: He's super smart

FOSTER: He's awesome. Does he always tell the truth?

RIAN: No

FOSTER: Does he tell the truth most of the time?

RIAN: Yah.

FOSTER: Can we trust him?

RIAN : If he told you I did that for him, then it's true.

FOSTER: Oral sex?

RIAN: Yes

FOSTER: How many times?

RIAN: Hmmm...twice.
On Monday of this week, a Williamson County jury convicted Rian on three counts of sexual assault of a child.

On Wednesday, Phill Raije Rian was sentenced to 23 years in prison.
The jury recommended 10 years for one count, 13 for the second and 10 years' probation for the third.

Judge Billy Ray Stubblefield stacked the first two sentences, meaning she will serve 23 years in prison and 10 years' probation.

She won't be eligible for parole until she has served half the prison term.
No information has been provided regarding plans for appeal.

Rian was represented in the trial by legendary high-profile Texas lawyer, Richard "Racehorse" Haynes, who stated that he regrets not taking the original plea deal offered by the prosecution of seven years probation.

The question of Rian's parental rights over her two children, ages five and three, will be addressed at a later trial.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker