Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Alabama Woman Guilty of Raping Boy, 13

(Russellville, Alabama) Yesterday in Franklin County Circuit Court, Ashley Turner was convicted of second-degree rape of a 13-year-old boy by a jury of six men and six women who deliberated for about an hour.
The boy testified Tuesday that he was in his bedroom watching wrestling when Turner came into the room. "She told me she was bored and asked me if she could watch wrestling," he testified. "I told her she could."

The youth said he was sitting at the head of the bed while Turner sat at the foot. The youth said he was wearing Sponge Bob pajama bottoms and a T-shirt.

"She asked me if I wanted a massage. I said sure," the boy testified. "I left my shirt on and she massaged my back. Then she started touching me. I wanted her to stop, but she didn't." He said one thing led to another and the two engaged in sex.
Defense attorney Rebecca Thomason said the boy was the aggressor, not Turner who had passed out from taking muscle relaxers. Thomason also said Turner was a good person who attended church regularly. Nevertheless, the jury was convinced of Turner's guilt.

Sentencing is scheduled for next week by Judge Terry Dempsey.

* * * * *

Alabama Woman Accused of Rape of Boy
[Previous 6/12/09 post]
(Russellville, Alabama) A 24-year-old local woman, Ashley Turner, was indicted last month on a charge of second-degree rape for allegedly engaging in sex with a 13-year-old boy.
Sheriff Larry Plott said his office was notified in August about the allegation, which was already being investigated by the Franklin County Department of Human Resources.

Sheriff's investigators said DHR officials were notified by the boy's parents after they discovered the relationship.

Authorities said it appears the relationship was active for a long time before the parents found out.
Turner was booked and released on $7,500 signature bond.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker