Friday, April 25, 2014


Postal Workers Protest Outsourcing



(Concord, New Hampshire)
Postal workers in cities big and small protested in front of Staples stores on Thursday, objecting to the U.S. Postal Service's pilot program to open counters in stores, staffed with retail employees.

Rallies were planned at 50 locations in 27 states. In Concord, more than 100 boisterous workers donned bright blue shirts and lined a busy commercial road near a Staples store.

"Union busting, we say no," they chanted, "the Staples deal has got to go."

In New York, about 100 workers marched from the main office on Eighth Avenue to a Staples store about five blocks away, carrying signs and chanting, while in Washington, D.C., more than 200 people gathered at a Staples, drumming on buckets and holding signs that read: "Stop Staples. The US Mail is Not for Sale."
Reportedly, postal workers contend that outsourcing endangers the sanctity and security of the mail.

Tip: slwlion

1 comment:

Doom said...

Outsourcing doesn't, but the employees sure will tamper with mail now, or... more than usual. I'm not impressed with the post office as an org. The local ladies seem to be fine, if probably grossly overpaid, but the bigger org not so much.

We need to bust every formal and informal union, but absolutely have to crush public unions. I'm lazy. The crash from the reality of the debt dollar will fix it. I don't have to do a thing. Even if they lose, and lost every battle, it's too late to stave off the looming collapse. So... I store what I can, may need, could trade.

If more I hope, some night while sleeping, if I can get to sleep, I just don't wake up. The day it all comes down would be the day to begin the long sleep. I'm just not that lucky.

Home

eXTReMe Tracker