Sunday, November 30, 2003

Chicago's Plan to End Homelessness

This article in the Christian Science Monitor by Amanda Paulson discusses a new approach to be implemented by the city of Chicago to fight the problem of homelessness.
In a move being closely watched around the country, the city is undertaking an ambitious experiment: a 10-year "plan to end homelessness," a drastic shift in strategy that emphasizes permanent housing over shelters.
The article is short on details but appears to indicate that the city will stop funding homeless shelters and start building permanent housing for the people. In addition, it seems the program will include some type of cash payment to encourage the people to continue residing in the permanent housing. It's not clear how the costs will be paid, but the homeless advocates are giddy about the promise of a new and, as yet undefined, pile of cash to spend.

Frankly, without specifics, it's difficult to assess the plan's chances of success. This writer is fairly certain that if the plan is implemented as it's described, it will help mitigate homelessness to some degree. With people being paid to live in free housing, the migratory instinct of homeless people in surrounding cities will become energized. There will likely be a marked reduction in the homeless populations of Milwaukee, WI, Rockford, IL, Gary, IN, and other places.

3 comments:

Agrochemicallabs.com said...


Buy Research Chemicals USA From Agro Chemicals Labs LLC

Agro Chemicals Labs

Buy Guns Online said...

After much deliberation (as seen with my previous post) I've narrowed my SHTF and home defense gun to either the DDM4 V7 or the Arma lite M-15 tactical. Both look great but I am leaning towards the Daniel Defense. In case your wondering, I do plan on adding a silencer, and a grip. The M Loks on the DDM4 V7, and the general look is what I liked. To the point, What do you guys think will best fit in a **** hits the fan scenario ? Any thoughts?

Buy Guns Online said...

There is just something about them" said Hickcock45 when shooting a review of a snubbie. I know the feeling. I love shooting a Snubbie more than any gun. This past weekend I took my LCR22 along with a my Smith 642 and Ruger LCR9mm. I had a great day, what is interesting is that I shoot the more powerful LCR9mm more accurately than the Smith. Maybe because of the extra weight. But it is such a lovely gun. So glad I bought the 9mm. Ammo is so much easier to get and I have a large stockpile from saving for years. Buy Ruger Guns Online

Home

eXTReMe Tracker