Monday, May 24, 2004

Blogger Fired by Senator DeWine

From a report in the Dayton Daily News, Senator Mike DeWine fired one of his employees for her weblog which "included alleged sexual exploits with a married political appointee and other men." In the lady's website, Washingtonienne, she's been blogging about sex in high places, specifically, Capitol Hill. Wonkette appears to be closest to the story and has identified the mysterious blogger as Jessica Cutler. When interviewed, Washingtonienne stated,
I'm not naming names. I'm not ashamed of anything I wrote in the blog. And people are sad if they're interested in such a low level sex scandal. I wrote that blog not to ruin people's lives. It was just for the amusement of me and my friends. And none of this has been exacerbated by me... I've been chillin'.... I was thinking, I'll get another job in Washington, but it's going to be fun, not something stupid like working on the Hill. Now I'm realizing I may have to go back to New York. In New York, they love this kind of thing. They'll ask what happened at my last job, and I'll say I was fired for a sex scandal!
According to the DDN, Sen, DeWine's office stated,
"On May 18, 2004, our office became aware of allegations that an employee had been using Senate resources and work-time to post unsuitable and offensive material to an Internet Web log. After investigating these allegations, our office has determined that there was an unacceptable use of Senate computers to post unsuitable and offensive material to an Internet Web log. Other inappropriate material was found in the employee's work area as well. The employee has been terminated."
DeWine's office declined to name the employee or elaborate on the case. On the other hand, Wonkette.com, aka Ana Marie Cox, is unreserved in its reporting. Interestingly, the DDN refers to Wonkette as "a sassy, often raunchy web log popular among Washington insiders" which is consistent with the remarks of others in the major media.

Anyone interested in the dirt in D.C. from an insider's perspective should follow the links.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker