Friday, May 28, 2004

Discipline in Preschool

With three weeks left in the school year, 5-year-old Maia Honeywell was expelled from the Roman Catholic Immaculate Conception School for lifting her shirt in front of another student. School officials also indicated that the girl would not be permitted to attend kindergarten next year.
"I really think she went overboard with this. Not even letting the kid finish out the last month of school is stupid. Do we think as a matter of law there is a violation? No. From what I've been able to gather I don't think this is illegal. Do I think it's wrong? Absolutely. Do I think it's unfair? Absolutely. And do I think it's ridiculous? Absolutely," said Julie Line Bailey Honeywell's Attorney.
While I'm not currently saturated with caffeine, I also think the school may have been somewhat harsh in their decision and would have let the girl finish the school year as a minimum. Of course, I only know what's published and the school has been tight-lipped about the whole situation. There's reason to suspect that the school officials have a strong case.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker