Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Put Me In Charge of Gitmo

I can't recall exactly when I first heard of "prisoner abuse at Gitmo" but I assure you it wasn't unexpected. Seldom do leftist Tinkerbelles ignore the opportunity to create the perception of a crisis to embarrass and weaken the Bush administration and the American military. My own visceral reaction to alleged mistreatment of terrorist prisoners was and is, "Yeah!"

You see, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and the solemn graveyard of Flight 93 in rural Pennsylvania. And, a day doesn't go by that I don't trust the American military to make the right decisions with regard to the Gitmo prisoners. So, whatever the prisoners are subjected to at Gitmo, it's probably less severe treatment than if I were in charge.

All along, I've thought that my opinion with regard to the prisoners probably was not unique nor isolated. In fact, although it had no effect on my opinion one way or another, I've felt that most Americans would agree with me. Well, apparently I was right.

With a tip of the hat to Michelle Malkin, Gerry Daly, and Ankle Biting Pundits, a poll resulted in the finding that most Americans approve of the way the prisoners are treated and also approve the continued operation of the base for housing enemy combatants.

Of course, the leftist Tinkerbelles will continue to believe that wars are won with ball point pens, so I don't expect any diminution in their rhetoric. In the meantime, it would please me immensely if the prisoners were made less comfortable. Hell, freak them out and tell them their beans are flavored with bacon.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker