Sunday, August 08, 2010

Internet Virginity Sales

(London, England) Recently, a British guy and an Irish guy became locked in an eBay bidding battle to win the precious flower of an 18-year-old Hungarian girl. The auction was halted by eBay, due to sensitivities, and ultimately completed via email.

The pretty blonde, identified only as Miss Spring, promised her virginity to the Brit for £200,000 (approx. $320,000). Steep, eh?

Miss Spring's ambition is to attend medical school but beforehand, she wants to help her family.
"My family has debts, we cannot afford to pay them. My mother borrowed a lot of money in Swiss Francs, and now with the credit crunch in Hungary the repayments in Hungarian forints have tripled, she couldn't pay it back.

"We faced losing our home and being on the street. I want to be able to pay back those loans —that's why I came up with the idea for this auction. It is not such a lot of money for what is on offer, considering half will vanish in tax, but it will be enough to pay of my debts and leave us clear.

"I was in contact with two final bidders — the Irish guy and the British guy. Both wanted me to come to them. I chose the British guy. He was very sympathetic to my cause. Both men wanted to marry me take care of me and my family. But for me this was supposed to be a one off thing. Getting married and living with someone is a challenge I am not sure I am yet ready for," she said.
Interestingly, the price for a maidenhead has dramatically increased since British lesbian Rosie Reid completed a deal for her virginity for $20,000 back in 2004. Reid, arguably the first of the high-profile virginity sellers on the Internet, even promised to throw in a free massage.



Rosie Reid

Following Rosie Reid in the virginity racket was a 22-year-old Southern California woman calling herself Natalie Dylan who put her enchanted garden up for bids in 2008.

Natalie Dylan claimed that the money was needed to finance graduate studies in Marriage and Family Therapy. It's not known if any deal was finalized for Ms. Dylan but it was reported that bidding had reached $3.7 million.



Natalie Dylan

And then there was 20-year-old ex-showgirl Raffaele Fico (aka Raffella Fico), who announced in 2008 that she would sell her virginity for one million euros (more than $1.3 million).

Reportedly, Fico is a devout Catholic who prays every night and she has never had a boyfriend.



Raffaele Fico

Twenty years old, devout Catholic ex-showgirl, and never had a boyfriend paint a swimmingly incongruent portrait. The puzzle pieces don't connect.

In any event, I still need to find the completed details of the Dylan and Fico transactions. If any reader knows the final sale prices, leave a comment.

Companion post at The Jawa Report.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker