Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pamela Anderson Ad Banned in Britain

(London, England) An advertisement for an Internet provider which features Pamela Anderson and a female assistant, each showing cleavage and moving suggestively, has been banned by the British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

Out of a population of 62,000,000 Brits, the ASA received four complaints that the Pamela Anderson ad was offensive for being sexist and degrading to women.

Given the miniscule number of complaints, I'd suggest the ASA acted without adequate justification. Offhand, I suspect one could query the millions of citizens of Britain on a raft of subjects and receive far more than four complaints on each individual assertion.

Banning the advertisement is regulatory overkill, I contend. Readers should decide for themselves.



I'd offer a personal perspective of the advertisement but I need to review the material a few more times for a complete assessment.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker