Saturday, December 21, 2013


'I don't like the term plus-size': Tyra Banks on how body-image labels in the fashion industry are harmful to women

The lady undoubtedly has large assets but a faith that changing the name changes the reality is undoubtedly dumb.  It's the reality that people react to, not the name



Tyra Banks, who is currently campaigning with Special K to ban 'fat talk' and promote positive body image, has admitted that the label 'plus-size' is harmful to women.

The 40-year-old supermodel and America's Top Model judge, who uses the term 'fiercely real' instead, told Huffington Post Style: 'I don't like the label "plus-size".

'I don't want to use the term "plus-size," because, to me, what the hell is that? It just doesn't have a positive connotation to it. I tend to not use it.'

Source

Posted by John J. Ray (M.A.; Ph.D.).



No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker