Friday, June 20, 2014


Ohio Judge's Wife Gets Prison in Poisoning Case

(Jefferson, Ohio) This week, retired nurse and the 45-year wife of local Common Pleas Judge Charles Hague, Carla Hague, 71, admitted to the attempted poisoning of her husband with antifreeze.

In accordance with a plea agreement, an attempted murder charge was reduced to felonious assault.
Speaking softly and wiping tears, Carla Hague answered the judge’s questions during the hearing.

“In September, I made the terrible decision to put a chemical in my husband’s drink,” Carla Hague said as she began to cry. “I deeply regret it and I beg for the forgiveness of my husband, children, and grandchildren. This I ask from the bottom of my heart.”

Carla Hague said she thought if she put the chemical in his drink, which court officials say was wine, he would stop drinking it.
Carla Hague was sentenced to two years in prison.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker