Friday, June 20, 2003

 More Drugs in Ohio

It probably comes as no surprise to anyone that drugs are all over Ohio. Nonetheless, I think it's important to document the fact that in the last five days, without even specifically searching, I've come across three major drug stories occurring in my cloistered area of NE Ohio. Previously, I mentioned the methamphetamine bust in Geneva which was reported in the News-Herald. Now, I've found this item describing a bust of ecstasy pills in Solon, and this item delineating the growing problem of heroin in smaller towns around Cleveland. Both stories were reported in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

These newspaper reports of local drug activity over a mere few days suggest that the illegal narcotics trade is much more vigorous than the general public may think.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker