Thursday, June 30, 2005

Female Counselor Accused of Raping Boy

(Bardstown, Kentucky) A 36-year-old former supervisor, Shannon Yager, at the Spectrum Care Academy in Hardin County has been charged with raping a 15-year-old boy.

Shannon Yager
Shannon Yager

Twelve charges have been filed against Yager in Nelson County where the sex with the boy is alleged to have occurred.
"There's nothing to this," Yager said off-camera. "My family has been traumatized by these accusations. This boy has been harassing my daughter at school. He's a huge boy, about 300 pounds, and I'm afraid of him. I believe these accusations are about money. I have someone with me 24 hours a day to make sure he can't accuse me of contacting him. I'm living in a nightmare. I've had 10 years in the profession without a problem."
However, court records indicate that the prosecution has a lengthy recording of a telephone conversation between Yager and the boy in which she discusses a sexual relationship.

Obviously, there's more to this case. A school counselor and a 300-pound boy sounds like a fairly unlikely match. There's also an allegation that the boy had a sexual relationship with his father's girlfriend prior to meeting Yager.

Yager is free on bond and a September trial is docketed.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker