Friday, August 12, 2005

Female Muslim Comedian

The following produced a few belly laughs for me. It's a column with reviews of stand-up comedy acts making the rounds in Britain. Here's a snippet about Shazia Mirza - female, Muslim, and funny.

From the Independent Online:
"My name is Shazia Mirza. At least, that's what it says on my pilot's license."
And ...
"I always wanted to be like my white friends, who had abortions, herpes and chlamydia. And my mother would say, 'Wait until you are married, your husband will give you all of that.'"
And ...
"I'm terrified I'll die a virgin. Not because I'm obsessed with sex. I'm not, I don't think it's that big a deal. But I don't want to get to Paradise and have to sleep with one of the suicide bombers."
It's refreshing to see some humor from the Muslim community. There's more at the link.

Mirza also has a website.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker