Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mayor Bloomberg Now Independent

NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg has changed his party affiliation from Republican to independent, fueling speculation that he plans to run for president.
"I have filed papers with the New York City Board of Elections to change my status as a voter and register as unaffiliated with any political party," he said in a statement issued while he was in California delivering political speeches.

"Although my plans for the future haven't changed, I believe this brings my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our city," the mayor said.
I think this means that, upon review of his performance, Bloomberg finally realized that he has no core values common to either political party. Maybe I should have ended that statement with "no core values."

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker