Friday, January 25, 2008

Bono Bows to Father Al Gore

(Davos, Switzerland) During the gathering of notables at the World Economic Forum, U2 screamer Bono met up with former Vice President Al Gore and discussed their relationship.
Acknowledging that a career in rock music was not always conducive to a green lifestyle, Bono compared a conversation with Gore to an act of religious contrition.

"It's like being with an Irish priest. You start to confess your sins," he said. "Father Al, I am not just a noise polluter, I am a noise-polluting, diesel-soaking, gulfstream-flying rock star.

"I'm going to kick the habit. I'm trying father Al, but oil has been very good for me -- those convoys of articulated lorries, petrochemical products, hair gel."
Hey, Bono, you bombastic genuflector, wanna bet that Father Al won't be kicking the habit?

Tip: Charley Nestor

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker