Thursday, December 10, 2009

Teacher-Student Love Letters Released - Updated

(Jacksonville, Florida) Ultimately, Jennifer Collier was convicted and sentenced to three years in prison for sex with a boy. Today, documents associated with the case were released to the public.
There are dozens of letters and messages released Thursday that were sent by the 14-year-old to his teacher, 34-year-old Jennifer Collier.

One letter from the student to the teacher starts: "To my future Wifey Jennifer." It ends with her name in a heart.

Another letter from the student reads, "I wish we could spend a weekend together, just me and you in a hotel with the candles lit and listening to a lil bit of Marvin Gaye."

But it wasn't just him writing the love letters. Prosecutors said Collier wrote some on Facebook.

"I can't stop thinking about you," one message reads. "I love you a lot more than a teacher should love a student. OMG!!! I don't know what to do with my feelings for you. Thinking about u really makes my heart smile. U know, I say good night to u every night when I get into bed."

The teen told police he had sex with Collier in the parking lot of a Westside Walmart.

He also told them the two had several sexual encounters at their school, James Weldon Johnson Middle School, where Collier was the teen's eighth-grade science teacher.

As seen in the messages she wrote, Collier was clearly worried about being caught. She wrote on Facebook: "I don't know what else I can say. I am being real with you!!! But I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. You're 14 ... and the love I feel for you is very real, but it's illegal for us to be together out in the open. You're my student, and I will lose my license and everything if anybody found out about us!"

She also wrote, "Don't try to kiss me at school. ... I need my job."
Touching, eh? Reportedly, the relationship lasted for a year.

* * * * *

Florida Teacher Arrested for Sex with Boy
[Previous 4/21/09 post]
(Jacksonville, Florida) A 34-year-old science teacher at James Weldon Johnson Middle School, Jennifer Collier, was arrested yesterday for allegedly engaging in sex with a 14-year-old boy.

Police say Collier had sex with the boy on Friday after agreeing to take him home following a school field trip.
The report says the boy showed police several e-mails from Collier to the victim that demonstrated their inappropriate relationship.

When arrested, investigators said Collier claimed to have a "mother-type relationship" with the boy who had come to her to talk about problems he was having in his home life. She then requested an attorney.
Collier faces charges of sexual battery on a victim under 18, lewd battery and lewd and lascivious conduct.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker