Thursday, July 02, 2009

Do-It-Yourself Plastic Surgery

(Durbin, California) Apparently to save money, a 54-year-old local woman performed at-home plastic surgery on her face.
The woman, who asked that her name not be used, is 54, a mother of three, with a career in the public eye. She said that after a visit to a plastic surgeon, she went online and bought a vial of liquid silicone for $10 then injected it into her lips and cheek four weeks ago.

"Insane. I can't believe I did what I did," she said. "I thought I was going to be happy with the results, then the next day, my face became very inflamed, very red, swollen."

Plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Williams said the economy and the notion that plastic surgery is somehow foolproof has contributed to a recent rise in self-performed plastic surgeries.
The woman has undergone corrective surgery which is reportedly quite complicated since the foreign material has to be cut out. Ouch! Even then, more surgeries may be required.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker