Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How To Be Stupid

(San Diego, California) This story is so stupid that it's believable.
A Southern California couple who bragged on the Dr. Phil show about making $100,000 by selling shoplifted toys on eBay was sentenced Monday to federal prison.

U.S. District Court Judge Irma Gonzalez sentenced Matthew Eaton, 34, to 27 months in prison, while his wife, Laura Eaton, 27, was sentenced to a year.

Both pleaded guilty to conspiracy to transport stolen property across state lines.

Matthew Eaton told the judge he regretted going on Dr. Phil.

“I hurt myself. I hurt my family,” he said. “I was shoplifting. I don't deny that at all.”

The couple was under investigation for shoplifting before the Dr. Phil appearance, but detectives did not suspect them of being large-scale thieves until they appeared on the show.
Heh.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker