Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WV Teacher Sentenced for Embezzlement

(Wirt County, West Virginia) In December 2011, a 39-year-old former 3rd-grade teacher and coach at the Wirt County Primary Center, Christy Wilson, pleaded guilty to embezzlement from the Wirt County Board of Education.

Yesterday, Christy Wilson was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Robert Waters to 15 days in jail.
Wilson, a teacher and coach in Wirt County, took concessions and other proceeds while serving as treasurer of the band boosters.

"I realize people think the worst of me and I can't change that," she said. "I take responsibility for my actions."

Both Wilson and her attorney, William Summers, disputed the state's claim that Wilson embezzled almost $9,000 from the group. Wilson maintains she took only $3,600.

She did not apologize for the theft.
Wilson will also serve three years of probation and 300 hours of community service. Restitution was also ordered.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker